In Osseo Area Schools, we inspire and prepare all students to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning. Our scholars benefit from exceptional opportunities, support and partnerships that help them graduate with the confidence, courage, and competence to make their dreams a reality.
Our size is an advantage
As Minnesota's fifth-largest school district, Osseo Area Schools serves all or parts of Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Corcoran, Dayton, Maple Grove, Osseo, Plymouth, and Rogers.
Our size is an advantage, allowing us to offer more academic and extracurricular opportunities for your child to thrive; greater access to technology to enhance learning; and more staff to support your student's individual learning needs.
ISD 279 students reflect the global community, coming from homes where more than 80 dialects or languages other than English are spoken. Diverse demographics contribute to rich, real-life learning environments that prepare students for the 21st century workplace.
The district serves approximately 21,000 students, pre-kindergarten through grade 12, in 17 elementary schools (PreK-5), four middle schools (6-8), three senior highs (9-12), an area learning center, two early childhood centers, two special program sites, and an adult education/enrollment center. Community education classes serve lifelong learners from birth through senior citizens.
Opportunities for your child to thrive
From your child's first day of preschool or kindergarten until high school graduation, Osseo Area Schools offers students unparalleled learning opportunities in the classroom, in the community, on stage and on the field.
Preschool is offered at both early childhood centers and most elementary schools. Free all-day kindergarten is available at all elementary sites. High quality before- and after-school care (Kidstop) is available to all elementary students.
Magnet schools allow students to deepen their learning in special focus areas.
- At Birch Grove Elementary School for the Arts, fine arts, dance, drama, and music are woven into all core subject areas.
- At Weaver Lake Elementary: A Science, Math & Technology School, students discover the scientists in themselves through inquiry-based, hands-on classroom science and math activities, using current technology and equipment for collecting and analyzing data.
- At Zanewood Community School: A Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math School, science, technology, engineering, arts and math concepts are woven throughout the entire curriculum at every grade level (including pre-kindergarten). We prepare our scholars to thrive in a world that requires critical thinking, problem solving, creativity, collaboration, and experiential learning.
- Brooklyn Middle School offers a full-school STEAM (STEM plus Arts) program.
- Osseo Senior High offers a full health science magnet program, including courses that continue the STEM emphasis.
- Park Center Senior High offers the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme, recognized worldwide for its challenging international education and rigorous assessment programs.
In each of our comprehensive high schools, students can earn workplace-ready certifications in culinary arts and information technology. In Osseo Senior High's health science program, students prepare for certification in a variety of health care careers. In designated engineering and manufacturing courses, students may be able to attain college credit from the University of Minnesota or St. Cloud State University.
Co-curricular offerings build character, stretch minds, and challenge the body. Students have been recognized as state champions in various sports; Minnesota State High School League Academic Excellence award winners; state qualifiers in multiple sports; All-Conference musicians; and the Hennepin Theater Trust SpotLight Award.
The district is known for excellence in areas ranging from academics and arts to sports and finance.
- ISD 279 is the only Minnesota school district honored as one of the nation’s “Best Communities for Music Education” every year since 2009.
- We have two of the nation's Best High Schools according to U.S. News & World Report: Maple Grove Senior High (2015-2017, 2019) and Osseo Senior High (2018-2019).
- Weaver Lake Elementary: A Science, Math and Technology School is a nationally certified magnet school and was named one of the nation's Top Three Elementary STEM schools in 2015.
- Elm Creek Elementary was named a Minnesota School of Excellence in 2017.
- The district’s careful stewardship of taxpayer funds is recognized annually by the Minnesota Department of Education and the Association of School Business Officials International.
For more information, please call 763.391.7002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org